Thursday, April 1, 2021

UPDATE on Meet schedule

UPDATE

I've been granted permission to race in the college meet at Berry.  Luke, the Meet Director said, "Always will find room for you."  

Great.  Now if I get permission at Lee, I'll go up there Friday and run the 200m.  Glad I'm not driving to SC.

-----------------------

(previously posted - below)

I may not be able to race in a college meet on April 10 weekend.  

#1 choice was Lee University but they have minimum seed requirements for unattached.   I sent a request to the coach anyway.  There surely will be competitors there my speed, as I can gather from the list of small colleges.  

#2 choice was Berry College.  They are declaring the meet full with 'very limited' opportunity for unattached.  I also sent a request to Luke the coach, who has admitted me previously.   Both are good tracks.  

#3 - The other option is a Atlanta area all ages TrackLab meet on a black high school track.  If it's anything like the one this weekend, I wouldn't go.  Huge.  Too many kids.  

#4 ) Also, I could race on the 9th in a small college meet if I wanted to drive to Spartanburg, SC.   Problem is, meet is Fri, and my students have an 8pm recital on Thurs.    Doable, but difficult.    I'd have to drive to Atlanta Thurs night, arriving at 1am, then leave for the meet the next morning by 9:30am.   It's about a 2 1/2 hr drive from Atlanta.  It's small college meet on a good track.  

So, we'll see.   Hopefully Lee or Berry will give me permission.  

April 17...  The following weekend, I have a choice.  Do I stay home and try to get permission to race at Sewanee's meet, or do I go to an open meet in Atlanta at a much better track at Life University where I ran my WL 400m time last year?   


No comments:

Post a Comment