Tuesday, April 27, 2021

race pace 300, 200, 150

Warm today, about 76º and mostly sunny.  I felt pretty tired today because of a short night sleep and a home project that involved moving and installing heavy appliances that dragged on for more than a day.  Combined that with my last really hard work out, and the stadium stairs last week, I was a bit low energy   ... although my times weren't exactly slow. I did 3 hard sprints. 

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100, bands, 2 x 50m

300m (from 400m start, turn-straight-turn) - 41.48 (26.54, 14.94)

200m - 26.29

150m - 19.17

The 300m didn't feel all that great.  Would have been hard pressed to finish the last 100m in 16.  Probably about 58 low pace.  My second turn was pretty weak.  That's one thing I need to work on.

Having to fast tonight for annual bloodwork so I'm going to be really light tomorrow.  

137.2 lbs after workout

Schedule:  I've decided not to race this weekend at the TrackLab meet.  I don't want to rush to Atlanta Friday night, leave at 6:45 am to race at a mostly kids meet on a HS track.   Next meet will be May 15 in Nashville.  Not really ready to race, haven't been in the weight room in a week, although I've been doing some upper body at home.  Every day I do 20 pullups and a set of pushups.  

No comments:

Post a Comment