Friday, February 12, 2021

tough conditions

I was really very surprised to see the lacrosse team scrimmaging in the ridiculous conditions today in Sewanee.  30º and freezing dense fog, visibility 50m, north wind, windchill in the 20ºs, track wet but not totally frozen.   The lacrosse team denied my plans to do a tempo 300 set because I have to walk across the field to get back to the start within the rest interval.  Just as well.  It didn't go well today but I got some work in.   



Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100m strides

300m - 43.50

200m, 200m, 100m w/ 60 sec rest - 29.84, 31.40, 15.80

150m - 20.60

Times were slow, and I was trying to do a 3 x 200m tempo set but I bailed on the last 100m, pathetic.  The 2nd 200 was into the wind, and I guess the fast 300m took more out of me than I thought.  My 3rd 200m would have been 33+ if I finished it.  

I did leave feeling ok.   Still not feeling ready to run a 400.   Going to take time.  143.6 lbs after workout.  

You can see ice forming on the lacrosse nets around the track.  I was using fingerless gloves so I could operate the buttons on my timer.  Even so, my hands got so cold it caused a lot of pain when they were thawing out in the car on the way home.  I ran in my short tights but used a very light long sleeve top.  












 


Sunday doesn't look much better.  Mid 30's chance of rain.  

I scheduled a covid vaccine at a Walmart an hour away tomorrow.  I hope I can get in ok.   If I get it, hopefully it won't affect my workout on Sunday.




No comments:

Post a Comment