Tuesday, February 23, 2021

sprints from blocks and tempo on turf

Today, I was noticeably sore from the Sunday track workout, and the 6 sets of glutes I did on Monday night.  But it was a beautiful day,  61º light winds and sunny.  I brought my blocks.   It went ok, but not like Sunday.  I did numerous block starts and my reaction times really sucked.  Many were over .25.   One thing I noticed is if i measured my reaction from my hands instead of blocks, I get a quicker reaction time.  I did several starts with spikes but only one sprint since my foot started hurting.  All sprints starting from lane 5 400m start (50's and 100 on the turn).

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100, bands

numerous starts

50m relaxed, rolling - 6.60

50m from blocks - 6.81

100m from blocks - 12.54 (6.25, 6.27)

Puma spikes on 

200m - 26.10

Hoka trainers on

4 x 150m w/ 30 sec rest on turf - ~ avg 24.4

The 12.54 100m in trainers from blocks on the turn was the sprint of the day.  The first 50 out of blocks in 6.25 is certainly PR level, somewhere around 7.70 60m pace (again, on the turn in trainers).  

I put the spikes on for a hard 200m out of blocks, it didn't go too well, I got out pretty fast but tightened and lost form near the end.  26.10 with reaction would be 26.35, not particularly fast.  I accidentally erased my 50m splits.  Would have been interesting.   My foot was hurting after that so I rested, applied some Deep Blue, and put my cushy socks and trainers on and ran a 4x150 tempo set on turf to complete the workout.  

Still thinking about racing a 200m on Sat, but at this point, dubious about breaking 26 first time out. 

Getting lighter ...  142.8 after workout.  One of those days where my weight has fluctuated 5 lbs in a less than a day, probably from eating raw vegetables and fruits.  Went to bed at 147.8.   


No comments:

Post a Comment