Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Overdistance 600, 500

 I usually don't run 2 days in a row but I had this day off and the weather was good.  37º and sunny, with little wind felt like summer compared to what it has been.  I trained in a T shirt and shorts.  The track was soggy and traction would be an issue so I thought it'd be a good time to wear my brand new pair of Clifton 3s.  They felt really good but there still was a little slippage.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100m

600m - 1:45.28 (32.93, 35.44, 36.91)

500m - 83.72 (47.35, 36.37)

Slow times, but glad to get it in.  Wanted to do more but didn't want to wreck my foot.  

Since I have the week off due to the weather, I'll be in the gym tomorrow night and back on the track Friday... maybe.  Friday is supposed to be very cold, 20ºs and windy, but some sun.  Sunday and Tues, much warmer.  This week may be the effective end of winter as the forecast is to be a warming trend with temperatures being in the upper 50ºs by middle of next week. 

I probably should go back to some turf training to save my foot.  There is an opportunity to race again on the Sat the 27th.  Not sure about that.  If I'm going to consider it, I should probably try to run fast on Tues., to see whether I'm close to ready.

144.4 lbs after workout.  

  

1 comment:

  1. For foot pain, you could try training with carbon fiber shoe inserts. They are very thin, extremely rigid and weigh maybe an ounce or two. Put beneath the shoe's foam insoles -- the carbon fiber inserts have no arch support. Mine have been very effective in rehabs from fasciitis and a metatarsal stress fracture (I sometimes run senior games sprints, but am not fast. Go into M65 this year.) You can find them for about $50 apiece online. Best to go a half size small.

    ReplyDelete