Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Gym, in between storms

With temperatures at 12º and the track snow covered, I had the Fowler center gym and indoor track to myself last night.  Despite cancelling classes, the gym was open it's usual hours to 8PM.  The main roads weren't too bad, especially in comparison to the roads in the NY I grew up driving on, and my truck does extremely well in 4x4, a mode that I've been driving in for a week.  



Last night I did numerous blocks starts with spikes and ran 3 x 50m sprints from blocks, best one was 6.7.  My start reaction times on my Sprint Starter app again averaged about 220ms, with some below 200ms  (0.2 sec).  I was a bit hobbled with a sore foot, but it feels better today and I have a small window of opportunity this afternoon before the next storm comes where I may be able to run a little on the track.  Not much, maybe just a 600m or something.  The sun should melt the snow on the track by mid afternoon before the rain and snow come.  It will still be cold, just above freezing.

I saw the track team there, it looked like an exercise class.  No running.  They can't compete this season as the college has forbidden away meets and do not plan to hold any home meets.  Sad for them.  

At the gym, I found I could use the new dumbells to add weight to the glute machine as I've done before, last night I added 70lbs, will try more next time.  I also get a workout carrying 50-70 lb bags of firewood up my stairs.

Will be back at the gym tomorrow night, and hopefully on the (wet) track in a few hours.  

This is what it looked like yesterday at the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment