Thursday, February 25, 2021

Not racing Saturday

This all ages meet on Saturday is too crazy.   Too many people, they let it get too big, hundreds of kids.  Guess how many heats of the 200m alone?  Guess!  I'll put the answer at the end. 

The weather in Marietta looks ok, small chance of rain and 70º but I'm not going to risk racing in meet with several hundred kids, and a handful of masters and open.  In Sewanee, a very rainy period is coming up.  100% chance of rain tomorrow Friday, so I'm going to probably try to do my workouts Sat, Monday, and Wed morning before work.  I'm hopefully getting a covid vaccine finally on Sunday.    I'm really focused on running the 400m on the March 20th indoor meet in Louisville, which I entered.   I'm going to try and get in the Berry college meet next weekend, but chances are slim.  They generally don't let unattached in college meets these days.  Maybe getting a vaccine will help my cause.  If I don't race at Berry, there aren't a lot of option except these massive all ages meets which suck.  There really is no urgency, we have Nashville Masters Classic in May, and nationals probably in August.  

A meet this weekend would disrupt my training schedule anyway, and it's already been disrupted with the snow days last week.  So, hopefully a short break in the rain on Sat so I can hammer out some intensive tempo or over-distance.   I'll be in the gym Fri, Sun.  I know the speed is there, I need the speed endurance and pacing.  My weight is getting close to race weight, eating very well.  Tonight, I had a craving for steamed kale and fresh tomato garlic salsa, followed up by some tuna for protein.   I'm down about 2 lbs solid.  Should be race weight in a week. Should start weighing out at workouts under 142 soon.  

OK.... I shit you not... the Masters 200m, in which I drew lane 3 this weekend, is heat # 46 of 46 heats of the 200m.  Think about that.  46 heats of the 200.  That's crazy.  There's also 45 heats of the 100m.  I'm not going.    

No comments:

Post a Comment