Friday, February 17, 2023

tempo 300s, no race this weekend

Terrible situation... 30º, dark, wet, E-NE wind, snow flurries, wind chill in the 20ºs.  A little nuts to do this workout today.  I was thinking walking out there with a slightly sore foot, "Am I really going to do this... today?"   Wasn't fast, but I got it done.  It wasn't real slow either.

Hoka trainers on

Stretches, drills, 2x100, bands

50m

Adidas trainers on

4x300m w/ 3 min rest - 50.16, 50.12, 51.65, 52.78 (51.18 avg)

I was pretty conservative on these, remembering that it was a day just like this, end of Dec '12, where I was training in spikes, broke my foot and was out for the season.  

It felt pretty easy and controlled for the first 2.  I felt a spring in my step, but then the E wind right in my teeth starting the turn.  I was very tired at the end but not totally exhausted and on my knees as usual with this set.  Most of the discomfort came from the cold.  Painful frozen hands as they thawed out in the car, despite the gloves.

Not racing this weekend.  Meet is too big, too many kids, too far away, no guaranteed lane or use of blocks, no certain time schedule, etc... There could be 90 heats of the 60m.  Not worth it.   I'm now thinking about running an outdoor 400m in a college meet 6 days before Nationals at Berry College.  That's in 2 weeks.  Nationals are 3 weeks from today.  

Much different weather next 3 days.  Planning to be in Atlanta next 2 days and training at Marist school, sunny 60º next 2 days.  

139.7 lbs after workout


No comments:

Post a Comment