Friday, February 10, 2023

4x300m tempo, sled

Mostly sunny, 50º,  N-NW wind.  It had been 2 weeks since my last 4x300 intensive tempo.  It was a killer workout as usual, but I didn't one up myself from the previous 4x3.  So, I did a few sled pulls afterward.  I really wanted to complete the set so I started a little conservatively.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100, bands

Adidas trainers on

4 x 300m w/ 3 min rest - 48.34, 49.97, 51.51, 52.47 (avg 50.57)

Hoka trainers on

140 lb sled pulls (to failure) on turf  - 70 yd, 55 yd, 70 yd

Always nervous about this workout because it is always painful, but I need to start doing it at least every week to 10 days.  The last time I ran a faster average because I took it out on the first one and just survived the last one.   In that set my first 2 were 46.63, 48.48 and the last 2 were 51.54, 53.78.  It was pretty taxing, couldn't do much afterward, although today's workout seemed just as hard, despite a 0.46 slower average.  And I recovered today to do the sled pulls. 

I'm feeling ok and ready soon to start upping the speed. Tolerating these consecutive training days pretty well.  So, I'll probably be out Sat., off Sun., then Mon, Tues.  Not sure about Wed.

Getting back to race weight, 139.2 lbs after workout.  

Nationals early regular registration has closed.   Looks like Nationals M60 400m will be between Marcus, Ron, and me.   It could go to anyone, as we've all beaten each other in the past.   All of us should run under a minute.  It will be good competition.  The 2 fastest guys in the 800m are from Canada and are competing unofficially, and from the US, there is one guy faster than me in seed time, relay teammate Joe who won the the Hartsthorne masters indoor mile in 5:09.  He ran 2:17 indoors in the 800 last yr, so he's the favorite.   The Canadians are 2:13 and 2:15 guys, the real deal.

Also notable, Jorgen A. from Sweden ran 24.95 in the indoor 200m, first time the 25 sec barrier has been broken in the M60 indoor 200m in 9 yrs since Bill Collins in '14.  Clearly the favorite to win Worlds.  Just 0.13 slower than my World Championship run in S. Korea in the M55 age group.  



No comments:

Post a Comment