Wednesday, February 22, 2023

light day, 200, 100, starts, sled

Sunny 70º, winds gusting from the S-SE, wind advisory in effect.   

I felt a little soreness on my right posterior chain today and didn't want to do much.  Thought about hills, sled, low risk stuff, but decided one 400m race pace 200m would be ok.  It went ok but felt a slight twinge in my ham in the last few steps and coasted in.  No where near the strain I had 3 weeks ago, but a wake up call to protect, not over train, do prehab, and not race before Nationals.  I went on to continue the session without incident or any sign of strain or pain... but, I definitely felt something in the same area I injured 3 weeks ago.  But no residual soreness so far afterward.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2x100, more drills, 60

Adidas trainers on

200m - 26.56 (12.82, 13.74) 

100m - 13.87

3 x starts from the line 

Hoka trainers on 

4 x 75 yd w/ 140 lb sled 

Felt fine but probably over training, on the track now 4 days in a row, 8 of 10 days.  Need rest and prehab.  Haven't slept really well since Sat. night.  

After I felt something in my ham, I immediately tested it by running a brisk 100m, and doing some full power starts.  Felt fine.  No sign of strain.   Just need to make sure I don't speed work when it's already sore.  Also, maybe some short stuff like 50s.  Also, some strengthening, prehab, good ole leg press.  

I ran 26.56 200m despite coasting the last few steps.  It was a rolling start and with a tailwind, but still, it was definitely too fast for a 400m split ... so I need to start playing with pace, like trying to run close to even split 60 sec 400s - 30/30, then 29/x, 28/x, etc....  But, it leads me to believe I should be able to break 59.  26.8 was my 200m split at Nationals in '21 when I ran 56.78.    

Lean, again approaching my lightest weight as an adult:  137.4 lbs after workout.  

No comments:

Post a Comment