Sunday, February 26, 2023

4x300m tempo

Generally good training weather except for a light wind blowing up the home stretch and a wet track, 57º and cloudy.   Good workout, 'one upped myself' in this standard bread n butter workout, fastest avg of the season.   

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100, bands

Adidas trainers on

4 x 300m w/ 3 min rest - 47.31, 48.53, 51.41, 52.85 (Avg 50.02)

So close to breaking the 50 sec avg mark.  It was a hard effort.  After #3 which I took a little easy - wanting to complete 4 - I didn't think I'd make it.  It's hard to relate how hard that last 100m into the wind was on #4.   I was on the ground for quite some time, and when walking across the track to get my water bottle, more like a waddle due to the lactic in the haunches.  

Feel ok except for the usual minor foot soreness and a little soreness in my high right glute.   No sign of any ham issues.  I think I'm going to take the advise of a commenter and and use my days off to recover vulnerable areas, like my right ham.  Yesterday, I just did hip flexors, core, upper body.  Not much.

137.5 lbs after workout.  Notable because it's a full 6 lbs less than I was 16 hrs ago before bed.  I was retaining a lot of water and waste.  (Totally F.O.S.)   

I expect to be back out Tues late morning for some near race pace stuff.   Forecast looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment