Wednesday, February 15, 2023

4x150 tempo, sled

 57º with fog and light SE wind.  Wanted to do a brief maintenance workout today, just so if I feel like it, I may go to Louisville this Sat.  It's a big commitment for travel.  Round trip from Sewanee it's like 7 hrs.  Would rather go see Roya who will be in ATL for the weekend.  I did register for the meet but my chances of going are less than 50%.  

Hoka trainers on 

stretches, drills, 2x100, bands

Adidas trainers on

4x150 on turf w/ 30 sec rest - 22.06, 24.00, 24.29, 24.38  (avg 23.68)

4 x 75yd 140 lb sled pulls 

The 150 tempo set was my fastest avg I think this season, precisely the same avg I did on Feb 2, '21.  This is the closest I do to a 1:1 sprint/rest workout.  30 sec isn't much recovery.  After the sprint, a brief recovery and I look at my watch and it's 10 sec to go before the next one.  

I had to move the lacrosse nets to run my diagonal route across the field.  Then 8 guys came out to move them back, and they didn't even do all of them.  (Must be a pretty easy job to do maintenance work at this college with so much help to do such a simple task).

Sled pulls were easier today, 5yd further and not done to failure, due to a lighter workout and less friction because of slightly wet turf.  

Maybe a bit obsessive to be out today, but feel fine.  Still a little tightness on the right side but no sign of strain.  Heavy rain and work tomorrow.  Back out Friday and it'll be cold, in the 30ºs.

11 running days - first 15 days of Feb.   The foot is sore before workouts but body adapts to the task.  I'm doing surprisingly well.  

139.7 lbs after workout.  



This is how I start my morning...




1 comment:

  1. Nice. I prefer not to work hard first thing so this is my morning routine.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CfjQ_Ni8FAQ

    I WFH Tue and Thursday and do a killer workout on my erg followed by some speed skating dry land training to get a really good leg burn. (And a few band exercises, Nordic curls etc) File video of erging I don’t wear all that stuff around thee waist anymore I was worried about a parastomal hernia but looks like I’m not going to get one.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e-1pMTI54VU

    Skied 39 times so far 2022/2023 season.

    ReplyDelete