Sunday, January 31, 2021

split 700, split 500

The hard one today.  Almost every workout I've been doing lately is a hard one.  Wet track, calm to light winds, damp, cloudy and about 50º on the Sewanee track.   I really wanted to complete this one so I didn't kill the first 500.  Got it done.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m warmup

'split 700' - 500m - 83.60 / 90 sec rest / 200m - 32.60

'split 500' - 300m - 44.87 / 90 sec rest / 200m - 32.40

A few seconds slower in total times I was turning for this same workout last June and July, or in summer '18, but a little faster than some 'split 700s' in January '17.   I'm thinking I can do faster total time, if I take complete rest between.  Nevertheless, it was a good one.  

Did a few glute and ab sets yesterday.  Weather continues to be an issue.  Up to 2" of snow possible tonight, Monday not above freezing and Tuesday, my next track day, sunny but windy and cold, windchills below freezing.  Next weekend, more and possibly significant snow is predicted, and bitterly cold weather on Sunday, a high of only 25º.   Might be a good evening to go to the indoor track and do blocks and spikes.  

Weight is coming down: 143.2 after workout.  

Virginia Beach AAU Meet

I still have not entered the meet or purchased travel.  Still torn by the risk vs opportunity.  The meet has been moved to Sunday morning March 7.  That means I would have to take 2 planes to get there and 2 planes back.  I could do it with just a one night stay and fly out 6:30pm on Sun.   My physician friend Alan says flying is not that risky... he flew in Dec., no problems.  He's since been vaccinated.  By early March, there is predicted to be a lull in coronavirus infection rate because the variant hasn't yet spread, but if it does as predicted in April, May... say good bye to another USATF Nationals.  Another motivation to go to this meet is the competition.   Many masters will be there who will be competitive, including the only American in my age group to beat me indoors in the 400 in the last 6 yrs, Ron H - who was #1 USA ranked indoor in '20 and outdoor in '19 in the M60 400m.  He's a fast and smart racer, able to run 58 low at least.  I would like to race him again.  So, I'm leaning toward going.  Also, still waiting to ask about racing at Berry College on Friday, 2/12, just 12 days away.   Was going to wait til after that to book but I need to book sooner to get the flights I need.  

No comments:

Post a Comment