Sunday, January 17, 2021

The usual 4x150 turf tempo, 300m

Low 40ºs, cloudy, occasional wind, felt cold at the Sewanee track.  I needed to stay mostly on the turf today.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m strides

4 x 150m on turf w/ 30 sec rest - 22.30, 23.90, 24.94, 24.30  (23.86 avg) 

300m - 43.01

I did the 150s uptempo, reps 2 and 4 into the wind, first one too fast, but one of my fastest avg sets for this workout. 

There were 2 college sprinters there, so I asked the guy and girl to join me for a 300m on the track.  They were fresh, had just got there and warmed up  The guy ran a 42 high and I was a step behind him at the finish.  The girl was probably 30m behind us.  

On Sat., I did an hour long bike ride in freezing weather.  It was a good activity, I rode several miles on the road and a few off on some logging trails I hadn't been on before.  

After both these days of training/biking outdoor in cold weather, it was a great feeling to get home and take an early evening nap.  Something about training in the cold, I think it reduces inflammation or something.  Feels so good afterward.  Here in the south, it's not unusual to have a random warm day in the winter, but this winter has been consistently cold.  It's supposed to stay in the 40ºs for the next 10 days with rain possible half the time.  I don't mind training in this weather but the big factor is wind.  42º calm, sunny, and dry feels way more comfortable than 42º cloudy, windy, and wet... like different planets.

I'm still training with the idea I might race Jan 31 indoors, but that seems less likely due to the risk, and because of the fact that the Europeans are not logging indoor times.  So, rankings probably won't mean much this indoor season, not much of a point in it.  

I may ask the Berry College coach if I can run Feb 12, not optimistic he'll say yes, but if any college coach would, he would.  Should be a small outdoor meet.  Won't go unless the weather is good.

144.4 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment