Sunday, January 10, 2021

temp 150s on turf, 300

 Light winds and mid 30ºs at the Sewanee track, but the sun and light winds made it tolerable to train in a t-shirt.  I was happy to see the snow was gone from the field and the track, except for the small section in the photo.   

Hoka trainers on

3 x 100m, stretches, drills

4 x 150m on turf w/ 30 sec rest  - 23.8, 24.1, 25.5, 23.9

300m - 43.13

I stepped up the effort in the 150s, except for the 3rd one, they were all a solid 80-85% effort.  I wanted to run more on the track but I thought I'd save my feet for the next time.   Still a bit heavy, 145.7 after workout.

I'd like to race 2 weeks from today, although I'm definitely not in 57 shape, maybe I could run a 58.  But, my carpal tunnel problem is coming back and I may need to have surgery if it gets bad.  That will set me back a while.  If I want to race soon, I need to step up my training.  

Saturday it never got above 27º all day, so I did a little mountain biking. And later, I did some resistance bands -  quads.  I'm going to try and do 3 running workouts this week.  





No comments:

Post a Comment