Thursday, January 21, 2021

500, split 400

Not very fast conditions at the Sewanee track, 41º, light breeze, wet, misty, dark, and socked in with fog, about 70m visibility.    I contemplated going to the gym instead, but no.   With the high humidity, it wasn't uncomfortably cold.  I got it done, with hard effort.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m

500m - 81.20

'spilt 400' - 300m - 44.23 /  60 sec rest / 100m - 16.5

For some reason this workout seemed exceptionally exhausting.  After the last 100, I was on my knees for a few minutes.  I'm at a loss at why this workout seemed so exceptionally hard.  The times weren't exceptionally fast and I was totally wiped out afterward.  It took me several minutes to walk off the track, still panting.  Way different than last time when I did actually a bit more but felt good.  Maybe because the track was wet, maybe because I lack foundation, or I am not in the shape I thought I was.  

I have been pretty active, 3rd day in 5 on the track.  Bike climbs up Roark's cove rd. on the off running days.  One good thing is that the foot is holding up ok.  The weather looks good for the next 2 days, so I'll be back out Sat. but Sun, Mon, Wed look like rain.  Maybe I'll do some indoor block starts. 

I'm undecided about running at the Crossplex on 1/31.  I just don't think I'm ready to run fast.  Last time I was there, I ran 57.71 in '18.   Seriously doubt I can do that right now.  Would be happy with a sec. slower.

Lightest in a while 143.2 lbs.

Photos:  fog today, yesterday ... the last of the snow in Roarks Cove on the bike climb, Mon.





No comments:

Post a Comment