Tuesday, January 12, 2021

400, 200

 Sunny but cold today at the Sewanee track, mid 30ºs with light winds.  I didn't want to do much because I was on 1 day rest, wasn't feeling it much, but my foot seemed ok so I did 2 sprints on the track.  

Hoka trainers on

Stretches, drills,  2 x 100m

400m - 60.88

200m - 28.44

Whenever I start with a hard 400m, the rest of my workout is usually toast.  And I was pretty disappointed in the 400m, as I was aiming for 59.   The track was wet, and I had to yell 'track' to get a walker out of the way at 200m, but still it showed me I'm certainly not in '57 shape'.  My technique needs work.  Need to work on my stride.  I was watching a fast collegiate guy train and wow, his form was so smooth.  He was cranking out 70 sec 400m repeats and several 200m repeats.  I ran my 200m with him.  It wasn't particularly fast considering the effort.  

I am upping my resistance work and will do some tonight.  First time under 144 lbs in a while.  143.7 after workout.

Really have some decisions to make about racing.  I really don't want to go to Marrietta and log a 59 400m.  Maybe I should just run the 200m?  But I haven't done much short speed work.  I have some masters colleagues racing at the Crossplex and they're having meets there Jan 24 and 31, likely my only opportunity to race indoor this season.  BUT.... the USA set a single day death record today at 4259.  Not sure if it's worth the risk, even though the mask mandates at the meets are pretty strict, they are apparently asking racers to carry their masks to the starting line, remove them for the race only and then put them on afterward.   Bad time to be racing indoors.    

There are 2 TrackLab meets at the same track in Marietta 2/20, and 2/27.  I could also aim for those.  I'd rather run in a college meet because they're smaller than these all ages meets, but I'd need to get permission because none are allowing unattached.   Berry has meets on 2/12 and 3/5.  



No comments:

Post a Comment