Friday, January 1, 2021

2 quality long sprints

With one rest day in between, I got on the track unusually early this morning to run a few quality sprints with the local track club.  It was quite warm and humid for early morning at The Villages High School, and the track was wet.  I got to see Rick R., the co-author of the Bill Collins book that was really influential to me at the beginning of my masters track career.  Rick is in great shape for a guy about to ascend to the M70 age group.  I didn't want to do much today, since I haven't been going on 1 day rest and never this early in the morning.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands

300m - 42.65

200m - 28.64

The 300m felt pretty hard, close to full effort.  Splits were roughly 13, 14.3, 15.3.  I didn't get full rest between and then asked Rick if he wanted to run a 200m he said ok, and I gave him a 2-3 sec head start.  Ran the turn easy then accelerated unto the straight.  I passed Rick and pushed hard to the end.  It was exhausting.  

I had only about 3 1/2  hrs sleep and was not at my lightest...146 after workout.  Went back to sleep after the workout.

Not sure when I'll be training again.  Maybe Monday morning if I can get up to train with the same people, or when I get back to Sewanee mid week.


No comments:

Post a Comment