Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Tempo 300s

Tuesday was the warmest day of the yr for training in TN so far, first day to run shirtless.   Mostly sunny, 61º, light sw wind.  I was a bit nervous before this workout, knew it would be hard.  It was, but I felt good afterward, not broken like those previous workouts in the cold.  This is what I call 'the gold standard' tempo workout.  4 x 300m with limited rest.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m 

4 x 300m w/ 2:30min rest - 49.40, 49.17, 52.13, 54.75 (51.36 avg)

Yes, the last one was brutal.  On my knees for a few minutes.  This was 0.4 faster than this same workout last year in Feb.  On par with what I was doing Feb - March last year.  Looking back, I was doing a bit more volume than I've been doing lately.  Over distance and more than just one tempo set.  

Be back out by Friday.  It's back to work and the timing isn't good.  TN just set it's 1 day virus death record, 192.

144.7 after workout.


Damn ugly shoes... love those Clifton 1s






No comments:

Post a Comment