Wednesday, January 6, 2021

tempo 200s, 150

 Sunny and near 50º today in Sewanee, light breeze.  The track was just as I left it almost 2 weeks ago.  The cones on the track were in the same place.  Been a while since I did a 200m tempo set and this was my 3rd workout in 5 days, a little ramping up.  

Hoka trainers on

2 x 100m strides, stretches, drills

3 x 200m w/  60 sec rest - 31.63, 31.33, 29.88 (avg 30.9)

150m - 18.93

60m, 40m 

I took full rest after the 200s and the 150 felt really strong.  I was surprised it was so fast, definitely on pace to run 25 high in the 200.  After that I ran some untimed short sprints with some college sprinters.  One girl was quite fast, just a step behind me, but she was in spikes, me in Hokas.  

I was a bit worried about my weight.  148 when I got up, but 144.7 after workout.    It was good that I got 5 workouts in while in FL.  

I have an opportunity to race on Jan. 24.  It's an all-ages meet at the same place I raced in July, Marietta, GA.  It's a 2 hr drive and I won't go if the weather is bad, so I'll make a last minute decision.  I doubt I can improve on my July time of 57.49, which ended up as WL in M60 2020.  But, it would be good to get on the board.  Maybe I could break 58, probably not if real cold.  

The weather looks bad for the next 2 days with cold and snow.  Sat. very cold (low 30ºs), and Sunday, better.  Monday night, more snow, and no decent weather until Wed.  Maybe I could go to the indoor track and run short sprints with blocks.  I think maybe a turf workout Sat, starts/short sprints on Mon, and track on Wed.  Haven't done that for a while.  My foot has taken a beating lately, with 3 consecutive workouts on the track (not turf). 

No comments:

Post a Comment