Sunday, January 24, 2021

gym, bike

Went to the gym tonight and did some adductor and abductor work.  Have a little bit of a groin strain that I'm trying to correct, not really bad.  Also did a bike ride today.  Both stairmaster machines were broken, so I did rowing machine.  

Despite the results coming in from Australia, including 2 new Masters WRs in the women's 400m, they have canceled their National Championships in Canberra.   This is surprising since there hasn't been 1 single covid death in 2021 in Australia, while the US has had a stunning 75,000 deaths during the same 25 days this year.   Due to the vaccine, I do think the Nationals will happen by late summer in the US.  

Rob M. (M63) has made his presence known by posting his best 400m time in 3 yrs, 58.60.   That would be a good goal to beat when I run my first race.  

As much as I hate to miss it, I won't likely race in Birmingham next weekend.  Perhaps Berry on the 2/12 if I can get permission.  Still not at race weight.  Been hard to lose this last few lbs.  Daily range has been about 144 - 148 lbs, or a little less.

Coach Ryan B. put out an article on the value of tempo interval training.  Intensive tempo is the single most beneficial type of workout for a long sprinter in my opinion, but also the most taxing.  I try to do one of these a week.

It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow, so probably return to the track Tues.  


No comments:

Post a Comment