Tuesday, August 30, 2022

crazy bike climbing

I wasn't going to do much today but after doing some ab work I hit Roark's Cove road again on the bike.  For a day I wasn't going to do much, I absolutely cranked up this mountain tonight.  I didn't time it precisely but it was very near PR time, about 21 minutes.  (PR is 20:29)  Probably the second fastest time I've done it.  

Just as well.  My Wed and especially Thurs are so packed that I can't do really anything on those days.  I'm expecting to get back out on the track this weekend though, maybe Sat or Sunday night.   


1 comment:

  1. Wind direction and speed makes a big difference to cycling, you may want to log that also. Also 20 minute climbs, although good foundation training, won’t translate well to 60 to 120 second very intense efforts. A 15 or so mile route on mostly flat terrain with 4 or 5 short hills that at max effort take 30 to 60 seconds to get over would transfer better. For a ride like this hold a hard pace and back of a tad to freshen up the legs before the hill, attack the hill and then wind up speed when it flattens out giving it another minute of all out effort. Then settle back into the comfortably hard pace to the next hill. Keep track of total time and improve over time. Also we got great mountain biking in Sewanee, terrain variability in MTB requires frequent short intense efforts with recovery in between, again better fit for your primary sport.

    ReplyDelete