Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Biking, thoughts on the off season: medal summary and all time rank

Monday, after a leisurely bike ride, I went to the track and just went through my warm up, no running.   Tuesday, I did a vigorous bike up the mountain in about 22:30.  Good workout.  I need to get on some upper body and ab work.  May go to the gym tonight.

Although I probably won't try to run anytime soon, I do think I may not take too much time off.  Alan says whenever you stop running, you are 'detraining'.   So, after some time, I may try to run once a week to see how it feels.  If there is sign of injury, I'll back off.  Long sprint running fitness goes away very quickly.  Like in 2 weeks or less.  

Looking forward to practicing this new piece written for me, and getting back to music.  This week has been complete relaxation.  I've just started to unpack.  Going to be meeting with my students Monday, hopefully rehearsing the new piece Tues then Thurs up to NY with Roya to meet family.  It will be the first time in several years we'll be all together.   

Warm today, feels like summer again so I'll probably swim and bike.  Love it.  

----

Even with my injury this season, my 400m still ranked #3 in the US, #7 in the world in M60.  Happy to be able to win a Silver at Nationals - even with my B-game.  I even ranked 4th in the US in the 800m in M60. 

Individual Medals - The Silver I won in the 800m was my 7th Silver Medal at USATF Masters Championships overall since I started masters track.  Add to that the 7 Gold, and 2 Bronze, 16 USATF Medals.  4 World Medals - 1 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Bronze.  The only other notable medals were my Silver in the Penn Relays 100m, and the Gold in the NCCWMA World Regional.   I generally don't collect local and regional medals anymore.  

All-Time Rankings:  

Nothing I did in my previous age group M55 ranks as highly as my season's best 400m in '21.  (My best M55 mark 55.17 (indoor) is just the 50th fastest in M55 and 36th fastest age 56+).

 - My 56.23 ranks as the 16th fastest all-time in M60, and the 8th fastest age 61 and above.    

 - My 25.36 200m last year ranks 47th in M60, 20th age 61 and above.  


No comments:

Post a Comment