Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Gym, dead lifts

Did some manual labor today, scrubbing moss off my roof then, a casual long bike ride with Roya and then we went to the gym.  

On the suggestion of Duane, I tried some heavy deadlifts.  I didn't have gloves and since this was a new exercise, I didn't push it to the max but did 3 sets of 3x dead lifts with 200 lbs.  I think I could eventually push my max upwards of 250+, but since this is a new exercise, I was a bit conservative.  Afterward I tested my L ham on the leg curl and I must say, it felt stronger and with less pain.   Maybe there is something to this.  I may try it again, but I'm a bit hesitant to try and push it to a 1 rep max.  Also did abds, leg press, single leg squats, and nordic ham machine.   

Was really starting to feel like I'm really detrained and too heavy.  So, I'm hoping to drop a few pounds before the weekend when I run again.  

Roya hit the stairmaster... always a good sweat.




No comments:

Post a Comment