Monday, August 8, 2022

Back on the track, 2x300m

Very warm and sunny at the Sewanee track today, 87º with a heat index of mid 90ºs.   I warmed up in the shade and ran a bit.  Out of shape but it felt good to get out there and sweat a bit.  Nothing too fast or challenging. 

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2 x 100

2 x 300m - 47.29, 46.68 

After 7 days of no running, it felt really pretty good.  I was going to do a 3rd 300m, but I started chatting with a young footballer out there running 100s and cooled down a bit too much.  So, I'm happy with just 2 long sprints today, and no issues or soreness.  I was planning on running 800m pace today, but my first 100m in the last 300m was 14.6.   Too soon to be ramping up any faster.  

Not sure how much I want to run during this off time, I was thinking once a week, and even that would be detraining.  So, we'll see how it goes.  

141.4 lbs after workout



No comments:

Post a Comment