Friday, September 2, 2022

New trainer tryout: Hoka Rincon 3 - 400, 300, 200

Very warm and quite hot in the direct sun at the track today.  Temperature peaked about 84º with a heat index of about 90º in mid afternoon, but it felt ok in the shade with a breeze.  

I brought the new Rincons and put them on after a warm up in the some old Cliftons.  Did just 3 quality sprints, fastest of the off season.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m, bands

400m - 61.93 (29.70, 32.23)

300m - 44.17

200m - 27.60 (13.43, 14.17)

The shoes felt good.  No toe crushing on the turns, springy like the Clifton 1s, great traction, seemed to be protective of the lateral side of the foot, good lock down on the upper.  Finally, a worthy successor to the Clifton 1s!  I'll know more when I put them through more extensive workouts later in the year.  But I felt fast and was able to maintain a decent tall running position.  I was aiming for 30/33 splits in the 400m so I did well and exceeded them.  Running sub 62 without full effort isn't bad for beginning of Sept.  

Happy to say I feel totally no sign of my injury.  I've been doing really no regular rehab so maybe rest is good.  I'll test the ham strength on the leg curl machine in the next few days in the gym.  Hopefully, I might be ready to start racing in the early indoor season.  Definitely feel healthier than this time last year where I had pubalgia and a sore ham tendon.  

Even though I was 140.6 lbs after workout, I definitely felt 'off season soft'.   Need to start lifting more and doing ab work daily.  The biking has helped I'm sure.  




No comments:

Post a Comment