Monday, August 29, 2022

Second climb up Raccoon Mt, new trainers

I woke really early on the boat and listened to Morning Joe and was waiting to see if the NASA rocket would launch.  I fell back to sleep and got up, swam, and practiced guitar.  The river seemed quite clean compared to last time.  Water temperature was 84º.   Then I hit the hill climb on the bike during the hottest part of the day, around 1:30pm.  It was about 90º, heat index mid 90ºs.   
Without intending to, I made it up in about my record time, although I didn't time it precisely, it was about 36 min.  (PR is 35:34).  Much faster than the previous day where I did 40 min.  



























I got the new Hoka Rincon 3s in.  Wow, they feel pretty amazing out of the box, lighter than any of the Clifton 1s.  Looking forward to a workout in these.  Perhaps finally there is a successor to the Clifton 1s.  They are an astonishing 6.31 oz in my size.   These are lighter than my first pair of racing spikes from several years ago.  





No comments:

Post a Comment