Sunday, January 28, 2024

split 450, split 400

One of those totally miserable weather days.   Mid 30ºs, dark, wind, fog, rain occasionally mixing with snow.  Occasional gusty winds from the W-NW.   I got to the track in a steady drizzle, and when the drizzle turned to a light wind driven rain, I retreated back to the car to wait it out.   It never really stopped but when it went back to a drizzle, I headed out.   Normally, mid-30ºs is t-shirt weather for me if it's sunny and no wind.   It's just the wind/rain/snow that makes it cold.   Still trained in shorts and a light long sleeve T.   After my initial warmups, I retreated to the mens room to do band work, massage gun, and put on my new Hoka Rocket X2s.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 100m, 2x50m, bands

Hoka Rocket X2s on

'split 450' - 300m - 44.87 / 90 sec rest / 150m - 23.12

'split 400' - 300m - 45.37 / 90 sec rest / 100m - 14.98

Was a good brief conditioning workout.    I was actually surprised the 300s were as fast as they were considering the conditions and the head wind all around the turn.  I took about 12 min between sets and went into the mens room to warm up.  

The new Hokas felt good.  They really delivered in this messy weather.   

It occurs to me that it is going to be tough to get workouts in before SE Masters next week.  I work T-TH and travel Friday.   I can't go 5 days before a meet and not train.  Options are, train early T or W, train late indoors on Thurs.  It would be to train Friday, I'd have to be on the track before 8am.   I'll work something out.  That being said, I'm going to train as much as possible this week including some consecutive days.  So, I may be out tomorrow.  

I have been cross training as well.  As much as I didn't want to do it, I was at the gym last night doing my 20min stairmaster hill program and 2x500m w/ 1 min rest on the rower.

139.0 lbs after workout.



No comments:

Post a Comment