Wednesday, January 17, 2024

gym, rower, box jumps

 No place to train outside so I hit the Fowler center gym.  Did my usual warmup but the foot still sore so I didn't run much.  Did drills, hip flexor machine, then 42" box jumps, then a hard set on the rowing machine. 

2 x 15 hip flexor machine

5x 42" box jumps

Concept 2 rower:  3 x 500m w/ 1 min rest - 1:59, 2:02, 2:02

I had looked back and saw that I did 5x500 w/ 1 min avg 2:04 previously and I thought I was in better shape now, but after 3 of these I was toast.  I had already done the box jumps and hip flexors so maybe tired.  

Met Sewanee's new track coach.  Seems ok, will be open to having masters compete.  So, come all!

I'm really hoping I can get a tempo set in tomorrow.  I need at least one conditioning workout this week but it seems that may be impossible.  Track is packed in with snow and it's not forecast to get above freezing until early afternoon tomorrow, and then it's forecast to begin freezing rain.   Nice. 

Guess I can continue to cross train but.... specificity ... NOT!

137.8 lbs after workout.   

No comments:

Post a Comment