Sunday, January 21, 2024

KMS meet report

Out of my regular workout routine, I ran about as I had expected.  No season PR, but not terrible:

 

59.33 - 400m 


The kids in my heat surprised me.  They were faster than expected, except one.   There were 2 scratches, and 4 in my heat, all three kids went out fast and I was in last at the break.   I hit my split just about right, about 27.6ish.  Then the kid in front of me started to fade on the turn just after the first lap at 220m.  I had to slow slightly then passed him on the back straight.   The other 2 were way out ahead finishing in 54 and 56.    


So, my second 200m split was only about 31.7.   Not good enough.   Hopefully, as the season goes on, my conditioning will improve and I can take a second+ off that 2nd 200m.   It was 0.27 faster than my first race on this track 2 weeks ago and all three races have been faster than my winning time at Nationals in '23.

Overall, it's a better start than last year:  

'23 season - 59.74, 59.42, 61.26

'24 season - 59.60, 58.84, 59.33, 59.22

It's only January, but this race gives me the top three M60 400m times in the world indoors.  

This will be a big year for M60 with a few new world class masters moving into the age group:  Francois B. and Getulio E. both move up to M60 in the outdoor season.  

Tomorrow, I'll go up and look at the track and see how the snow in melting.  

1 comment: