Thursday, January 18, 2024

3x150 tempo, 200m, sled

 The turf field was not viable today.  Longest stretch to run would have been barely 70m.   So, I got on the indoor track.  My first real running workout post Saturday's race.  I needed it.  




























Fortunately, I picked a good time.  No one was there except me and the track coach who was running laps.  I said to him, 'this is better than nothing'... he wholly agreed.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2x50m

Hoka Rocket X2s on

3 x 150m w/ 30 sec rest ~ 22, 23, 24

200m - 27.12

2 x 50m weight sled pulls

I usually do 4x150 w/ 30sec, but I took it faster and did 3x.  I was surprised how fast they were, the first one was 21.96, so after 3x, I was toast.  I rested and ran a hard 200m, again, surprised it was that fast.

Wasn't so bad.  One circuit is 176m in lane 4.   Maybe I'll race in here this season, now that I've met the coach and know he welcomes masters.  Would be tough to break a minute here in a 400m.  

Then I pulled the 'bull' 2x, wheeled variable resistance weight sled with harness.  It was pretty hard even on the second lowest setting.   

I haven't done a track workout in this building in a long time.  It had to be done.  And with the low volume, I'll likely be back tomorrow.

138.7 lbs after workout.  

MTSU closed again today, shut for the whole week.  

Another blast of cold air comes Friday and Sat after some freezing rain and maybe a little snow overnight tonight.   Will finally be above freezing on Monday then a warmer rainy pattern for the next week with temperatures in the 50ºs.  Maybe that was it for winter?  We'll see.   I doubt it.  

I signed up for the 400m and 200m on Sunday.  This timing outfit has been known to use all 6 lanes in a 400m, so if I get a bad lane draw in both races, I won't go.  Or I'll just run whichever event gives me the best lane.  Yes, it does make that much difference.   


No comments:

Post a Comment