Monday, January 29, 2024

4x300 tempo

A consecutive day on the track.  I think the best schedule for me upcoming would be Wed, Fri, Sat, Mon.  So today I did the consecutive day.  And, had the audacity to do yet another 4x3w/3 tempo today.  Knew it wouldn't be as fast as Friday because it was 25º colder, track wet, and a consecutive workout.  

Pretty much the same temperature as yesterday, but what a world of difference.  37º and partly sunny, occasional light W breeze.  Track was wet after this morning's light dusting of snow.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 100m, 50m

Hoka Rocket X2s on

4 x 300m w/ 3 min rest - 48.41, 49.96, 50.56, 52.85  (avg - 50.44)

Didn't pace this well enough to come close to Friday's average and by #4, I was pretty uncomfortable.  I started more than a full second faster on #1 than on Friday, but still a decent average.  About what I was doing for 3x3w/3 about 6 weeks ago, so progress.  The 'unholy trinity' - 3x3/w3 ... is dead.  Unless I decide to up the pace, lower the volume.

139.3 lbs after workout

In order to get my Wed workout in, I want to be on the track by 10:30 at the latest.   Wednesday's weather looks pretty much the same as today, mid 30ºs, but with some sun.  Fri, Sat look really good but rain on Sun.  

Last Saturday I was stunned to see a huge turnout for the Sewanee indoor meet.  The biggest meet there in years.   There were quite a few collegiate underachievers running the 400m, about 8 of 22 were over a minute.  It would be tough to run under a minute in there for me but I think I could come close.  So, thinking about entering the Sewanee meet on 2/17. A good time is not possible on a 160m track with 22m straights, 2 1/2 laps, but it would be a workout and an experience.  

Still holding on to the top 3 times in the world in the M60 400m.   That'll change soon. Would be great to one-up myself at SE Regionals.  I looked at the results at NE Regionals, unremarkable.   Most European National Championships are early March, European Indoor Masters Championships same weekend as USATF National Masters.  


    


 

No comments:

Post a Comment