Wednesday, January 31, 2024

4x200 tempo

 Nastyish day again, 37º, dark, cloudy, N breeze, track partially wet.  Yet another grueling tempo workout, one that I dread and don't do too often.... 4x200 with just 60 sec rest in between.  An ass buster.  Like last time, I went into the mens room and did my final band work and massage gun before launching in.  The mens room at the track is small and fairly filthy.  Just enough space to do my band work.



Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 100m, 50m, bands

Hoka Rocket X2s on

4 x 200m w/ 1 min rest - 30.13, 31.48, 32.22, 34.33  (Avg 32.04)

It was really hard.   On my knees for a few minutes after.  I really thought I might bail on #4 but I made it.  Looking back to about a yr ago, I did just that, started out with similar times and bailed on #4.  My best set of these last yr was just before World Championships in late Feb. I did a set in avg 31.2, but it was better paced, started a tad slower than today and I was a tad lighter.  I also ran a set in May of last year that was 0.6 sec slower on avg. than today.    I did one in early Jan last yr 0.5 sec faster on avg but with 75 sec rest.  

139.1 lbs after workout.

World Masters Rankings

I've been surpassed as world rank #1 this past weekend by the European Champion, Bernardo from Denmark who ran 58.41. He's 2+ yrs younger than I, real fast.  Ran 56.93 and 25.03 outdoor last yr.  In '21 when I was his age I ran 57.81 and 58.30 indoor.   Hopefully,  will be able to back to that speed by indoor season's end.  


No comments:

Post a Comment