Wednesday, January 24, 2024

gym: stair master, rower

Still 'snowed off the track' and taking a needed break from running, which is ok.  Next meet 18 days away and time to get in a good hard training cycle on the track before that.  Just treading water now and trying to keep some semblance of fitness and my weight under control.

Past two nights in a row I've done 20min Stairmaster hill program (level 15) and a short interval set on the rower, 3x500m w/ 1min rest avg about 2:04.  

Stairmaster is quite a good machine, far better for strength than those 'elliptical' machines,  but it is often abused.  Typically people (especially women),  cheat by supporting their body weight on the rails with their elbows, or locking out their elbows with palms forward.  Makes it a lot easier.  Ideally, when doing stairmaster, you should not attempt to support your weight with your hands and arms at all.

Last night, most of the snow was gone except on country roads like mine where there was still lots of snow and slush.  With the temps now in the 50ºs, and lots of rain coming, it will be gone today.

This semester is as busy as any I've had at the college and I hope I haven't bit off more than I can chew... have 25 total students at 2 colleges, an in person class and an online class.  In order to teach fewer days I'm doing a long one on Thurs, about 10 hrs.  

I want to be back to the track on Friday, upper 50ºs and a small chance of rain. 

Weigh is ok, hanging around 140 - 141 lbs


Last night... 






No comments:

Post a Comment