Tuesday, May 25, 2021

5 x 300m tempo, one upping

Spent an enchanting morning waking up in the TN River Gorge on the boat after climbing Raccoon Mtn on the bike last evening with Bill M.  The bike climb was tough as usual.  Went to bed early, got up at dawn and put the boat on a rare sandy beach on the river bank, made espresso, and watched bald eagles fish all morning.  I left about noon as it was starting to get hot.  I got home and took a nap.  Got up at 4:30, had a coffee and slowly prepared for the track.  I didn't think I was going to be able to pull off this workout, but I did, in my fastest avg time.

Warm at the Sewanee track, 75º at sunset, light to calm winds.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m, 2 x 50m

5 x 300m w/ 6 min rest - 45.12, 44.72, 46.00, 47.19, 46.94  - avg. 45.99

I really started feeling it toward the end of #3.  I pushed #5 with everything I had left on the last 100m.  About a quarter second faster on average than my fastest set of these on May1, and 0.60 faster than my previous set.  

138.7 lbs after workout

Daybreak in the gorge...












No comments:

Post a Comment