Monday, May 3, 2021

10x100m on turf

In Atlanta for a few, and today there was severe weather, even a tornado in S. Atlanta.  I had a small window of opportunity in between rain storms, and I got it in.   I arrived at Marist school about 7:20 pm with a light drizzle beginning and thunder.  The lightning warning beacon on the roof was lighting up.  Concerned enough about lightning, I did not grab the chain link fence to do my dynamic stretches, I used a hurdle instead.   I knew I would only have time for a tempo workout, but I didn't feel up to 200m repeats on the hard wet track, a little lingering soreness from the 5x300.  So, I decided to stay on turf.  Glad I did.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 3x100m

10 x 100m on turf w/ 30 sec rest - avg ~ 15.5

I ran 8 of 10 under 16, and I ran the last one in 14.85, so it was a good hard workout, and a body saver running on the soft turf.  Took less than 9 min.  Even though I was on a football field, I was sure to run a full 100 meters, not 100 yards, marking it out with cones.   Was really happy to get it in, considering tomorrow looks even worse for weather, rain and strong storms.  Felt pretty good.  Seemed to recover quickly and thought about doing more, but didn't.

I will likely return to Sewanee Wed for my next workout.  Forecast is for nice cool weather, mostly sunny but only in the mid-60ºs during the day, and mid 40ºs at night through Friday.   Love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment