Wednesday, May 5, 2021

2x4x150m on turf

In search of a track today in Atlanta led me from the Marist school which was unavailable, to Oglethorpe University where I fibbed to the security guard to let me in but found the track locked anyway.  

So, I had no choice but to hit the turf again, at Marist.  I measured out a 150m straight with my wheel on 2 back to back soccer fields.   

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 60m 

4 x 150m w/ 1 min rest - avg ~ 22.9

8 min rest

4 x 150m w/ 1 min rest - avg ~ 23

I timed all the 150s and the first set were all below 23 but 1.   I started the second set too quick with a 21.9, and my last one was 24.  It was a good workout, and low impact.   I have done 4x150m w/ 30 sec rest in 23 high, but I wanted to run a little faster this time.  

Here was the scene.  From the cones at the bottom of the photo to where the slope starts just below the light pole in the distance, about where the second soccer goal is, past the blue fence.  150m straight.  You can see a Canadian goose just past the first bleachers on the right.  It never moved as I ran by it 8x.  

Back in Sewanee where it looks like cool weather in for the next 3 days, highs - low to mid 60ºs, lows - low to mid 40ºs.   Beautiful day forecast for tomorrow, sunny 65º.  Will do a bike climb and some weights.  

No comments:

Post a Comment