Thursday, March 9, 2023

pre race day - USATF Indoor Masters Nationals

Went to the track today at the Norton Center in Louisville to try out my wheels.  Good to see some friends there and go out to dinner, although the restaurant wasn't so good.  

I did a full warmup and was going to run one race pace 250m in spikes but I ended up running 2x200.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 200, 50

Adidas spikes on

2 x 200m - 26.85, 26.91

It felt ok but based on those times and that effort, I should be able to break 58, but probably not 57.   The thing about this track is that it's got huge turns and short straights.  Out of 400m, 330m or so of it is run on the turn, so it's not like an outdoor track.   

It felt ok although, strangely, my L knee felt a little stiff afterward, but not bad.  I think those 200 times I ran at a 400m pace could come close to medaling in the 200m, considering who is here (and not here).  

I saw both of my main competitors here, so there will be a race.    It's mine to lose.


No comments:

Post a Comment