Monday, March 20, 2023

4x300 tempo

Good training weather, light shifting N winds, 45º and sunny.  I was determined to do this intensive tempo set hard and I did slightly 'one up' myself in a season's best avg for the 4.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100, bands

Adidas trainers on

4x300m w/ 3 min rest - 46.31, 48.29, 50.37, 54.22 (avg 49.79) 

I started out obviously too hard, and was ok til the last 100 of #3 where I started getting lactic.  Normally I would have quit at this point but I kept telling myself 'this is for Poland.'   The last one was soul crushingly hard but I got it done.  I was on the ground for a while, but the endorphins kicked in and I felt good afterward.   No pains or injuries.  Afterward, I peeled off my shirt ... 46º actually felt 'warm' in the sun.

I did a brief 2-set strength workout yesterday.  Core, squats, upper body, hams.  I thought I had eaten a good amount - 3/4 lb chicken, lettuce, 3 slices bread w/ almond butter, pint protein ice cream w/nuts and chocolate chips, juice, etc...  but I still weighed a very light 137.4 lbs after workout today. 

Next workout Wed morning.  Planning a split 700.  Weather not so great, 48º, moderate wind, 40% chance rain.

Now, for my triple espresso affogato with protein ice cream and chocolate chips. 


 

1 comment:

  1. Love those endorphins! That 4x300 with 3 min rest is about a perfect workout to help bring a peak. The >3x rest to work period allows sufficient recovery at the muscular level to go deep into anaerobic mechanisms with each successive interval but not total system recovery so each successive interval stresses aerobic mechanisms more and more. Undoubtedly painful as well. No way around that.

    Taking the day off to ski need to decide where. Local is by far most convenient but thinking of the McCall area, they have some really nice trails there and closer than Sun Valley. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete