Saturday, March 18, 2023

400, 150 tempo

After Thurs and Friday completely off, I went out today and it was quite cool, low 40ºs and occasionally windy, but partly sunny.  Didn't want to do anything full speed.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100, bands, 50m

400m - 62.31 (14.23, 16.08, 15.35, 16.65 / 30.31, 32.00)

4x150m w/ 30 sec rest ~ avg 24.2

Was a bit disappointed in my 400m, wanted to go more even splits.  But, it was cold and windy and I was wearing my more protective Hokas and not my higher performance Adidas trainers.  Even so, the last 100m seemed hard than it should have.  

I continued with a conditioning set of 150s on turf running straight.  Went OK.  I felt like I should have done more but I didn't want to push it.  I almost hooked up the sled but the wind was picking up and getting colder.   Friday I didn't do anything at all except some stretching.  Got involved in a music project and I took a Sunday church gig tomorrow, which is a day off and very cold.  Expecting to do much of my packing and preparing tomorrow and Monday.  I get back here at around 8pm Thurs and leave for the airport Friday at 9am.

The good news is I have no hint of injury in my hams, my knee is about 100%, my lower back issue is much better, and I'm tolerating the usual foot issue.  

I'm down to 2 final workouts before Poland and I'm going to do hard conditioning workouts both days and the weather looks ok but cool for Monday and Wed.  45 - 50º.   Planning a 4x300 on Mon, split 700 / split 400 or 500 on Wed.   I have the morning free on Thurs and it's supposed to be quite warm so that might be an option for a last workout.  Travel Friday, arrive Sat, race Sun 1st round.  

Being uninjured and healthy is #1 and I feel ok.

138.0 lbs after workout.



No comments:

Post a Comment