Tuesday, March 7, 2023

light day, 100s, drills, bands


Gorgeous day, 70º with a N-NW wind.  I didn't want to do too much today, my 4th day in a row on the track, so I did some 100s on turf with the chute and one about race pace on the track.   


I went through my warmup routine and band work twice, before and after workout.  Used the balm, massage gun, and stick to thoroughly loosen up.  No significant soreness after those 2 hard 400s Sun-Mon.  

Hoka trainers on

Stretches, drill, bands, 2x100

Adidas trainers on

4x100m with chute into the wind ~ 15.5 - 16

100m - 13.56

stretches, drills, bands 

The chute runs were actually harder than I expected.  I walked back and ran against the wind each time.  I finished with a 400m race pace 100m and it felt real easy, with the wind.  

Still remarkably light.  136.7 lbs after workout.  Close to my lightest weight as an adult.   

I'm thinking I'll take tomorrow off from running and do a shake out on Thurs at the facility.  Race Friday late afternoon for the Championship.  

When training and racing, it's weird that I have to be sure and remind myself to totally relax when I sprint. It apparently doesn't come naturally, especially in the shorter races.  

I used to run like a caveman, all brute force and tense, especially in all out 60s and 100s.  

Compare these photos... from a 400m I ran beginning of last season to the 60m indoor final 2014...  Amazing I could race at all with that tension.  






 

 

2 comments:

  1. Quite the contrast. Besides looking angry as hell you looked more muscular in 14 what was your weight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In '14 I was racing at about 142 lbs, not much different from today, maybe 4 lbs more in '14

      Delete