Saturday, March 4, 2023

3x200

Beautiful cool evening, sunny mid 50ºs.  Back after 2 days off.  There was a horrendous storm yesterday that knocked out power for 11+ hrs so I was feeling a bit traumatized by the experience and the clean up as it trashed my porch with 60 mph winds.  Power was off from almost noon to midnight.   I spent a lot of time on my feet doing stuff but did zero in terms of specific exercise for 2 days, save for some pullups.  Didn't eat particularly well but did sleep ok.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100, bands

Adidas trainers on

2 x 200m w/ 1 min rest - 27.39, 30.96

200m - 28.23

Didn't want to do much today or run super fast, but I did run the first 200m in about 400m race pace.  I didn't give my brain an assignment to relax and flow, so I spent more effort probably than necessary and my second 200m was well above goal.  I was expecting to run #2 under 30 sec.  Was being cautious but still, it makes me think I have no business running a sub 27.5 first 200m split.  Harder than it should have been today.   I walked 200m and ran one more, relaxed but fairly hard.  Not a great show of speed but out for the first time since Wed morning, so I wanted to be careful with Nationals in 6 days.  Generally feel ok, no ham issues or vulnerabilities.  

The weather is awesome the next few days so I'll probably go out and do a little every day.  Maybe just try out some 400 pacing.  

Ridiculously light.  137.0 lbs after workout.  

No comments:

Post a Comment