Thursday, April 28, 2022

tempo 300s again

Perfect weather, low 70ºs falling into the 60ºs with a light S wind at sunset in Sewanee.   Normally this would be a day off but since school is over, I'm going to try and go every other day if my body will hold up.  Not much time and elite fitness not here yet.  I'm thinking the fastest way to get there is by hammering it with alternating over distance and intensive tempo every other workout, with some weighted short sprints (dragging the 45lb plate).  Weights on days off.  4 weeks before first race, 8 weeks before the possible 800m at Hayward, and 9 weeks before Finland.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m

3 x 300m w/ 3min rest - 49.50, 50.48, 53.17 (avg 51.05)

4 x 50m sprints with 45 lb plate 

Still couldn't get 4x.  I knew with 120m to go on #3 that I wouldn't make a 4th, so I pushed it in.  2 min after rep #3 my heart rate was still over 150 bpm so I couldn't do a 4th.  But an avg of a second faster than last time.  If I want 4x, I'm going to have to go easy on #1.  

I'd like to get the spikes on and see where I'm at but that would really be a waste of time at this point.  Maybe in 2 weeks or so.  

Getting lighter.  140.8 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment