Friday, April 22, 2022

600s

Gorgeous night in Sewanee.  Low 70ºs near sunset.  I was a bit nervous about this workout, I was hell bent on getting some decent volume in, speed was secondary.  A long ways to go, but I got it done.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100

2 x 600m - 1:50, 1:53

I didn't kill these, just got 'em done.  My Sportcount timer battery died so I just got an estimate from my Gymboss, probably accurate within 0.5 sec.   This was about all I could do at the moment, with my foot and tendon injury limitations, but... I'm now training full scale and my injury is not getting worse.  But there is a long way to go.  

Last yr. on March 26, I did: 

600m - 1:42.06,  1:44.59 

500m - 80.94  

'split 400' - 300m - 43.54 / 1 min rest / 100m - 15.35

I also was 7 lbs lighter.  During that time I was hitting super low body weight of 136 lbs after workouts, partially due to high protein low carb diet with a lot of eggs.  I was 144 today before and 143 lbs after workout.  No way could I have tolerated that volume today.  I have 5lbs to lose and it's alway hardest to lose the last 5.  I expect I'll ramp up the volume and speed as I get in better shape.  We'll see how the intensive tempo goes this week.  Not sure if I'll do it Sunday or Tues.   Happy I had the right kind of battery to fix my Sportcount.  I'm going to need to ramp up the cross / strength training on off days as well.  Not much time before Hayward and still considering Finland.  

Summer vacation is here.  I'm loving this time of year.  



No comments:

Post a Comment