Saturday, April 30, 2022

600s again, weight pulls.

Perfect night again in Sewanee, low 70ºs, light S wind, track to myself.   5th track workout in 9 days.  Body is holding up so far, except foot was a bit more sore than usual after.  Been one upping myself in every workout and it's getting a little stressful.  Definitely a world of pain.   Trying to make up for lost time, I guess you could call this 'intensive foundation'.  At some point I'll take 2 days off from the track when I feel it's necessary.   And looking forward to speed work maybe next week.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m

2 x 600m - 1:45.54, 1:50.88

4 x 60 yd sprints on turf w/ 45 lb plate - 12.2 - 12.8

The first one was tough, went pretty hard.  Second one was just surviving.   Much less effort on the second, although both last 200s were pretty much the same.  In my 800 races, I'm usually at the 600 in 1:41 or so.  So, lot of work to do.  

Yesterday, did 4x25 single leg squats w/ 45 lbs yesterday along with my usual 20 pullups, RDLs, etc.   The injury is pretty much gone, I can only feel it as a slight dull ache when I test it.  If I had taken 2 months off right after the injury, I'd have been training again by mid Feb, probably won indoor nationals, and raced in a few college meets in April.  Now, I'm playing catch up and it isn't pleasant.  Still feel I can turn a sub 59 by end of May.  By then some of my competition should post marks.  Thus far, no one under a minute in M60 outdoor.   That could change any day this time of year.  

Lighter and stronger.  140.6 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment