Monday, April 4, 2022

Hills

Great day in Sewanee. 71º and sunny.  Went to the track to warmup, did drills, some high knee and backward running; then on to the hill.

I ran these much faster than last time.  Last time I did 2 of 5 about 20.5.   This time I did  4 of 6, 20.5 or under. Fastest one was 19.88.   That would equate to about a 13.5 flat 100m.  These hill sprints are about 1.5 times the effort and time of same flat distance.  So, this workout was equivalent to about 6 x 150.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 3x50m high knees, 2x50m backward

6 x 100m hill sprints - 22, 22.32, 19.88,  20.33, 20.50, 21.91

It was pretty hard and tells me how out of shape I am.  Probably at least 4 lbs overweight.  Daily range is about 142 - 145.5.   But the good news is no soreness associated with my injury.  I'm on target for my first light track workout in a week, and it's going to be small.  Like a small set of tempo 100s.  

I was asked to summarize my 2021 pre-Nationals workout regime.  Looking back, it was frankly intimidating the level of training I was doing last year at this time.  It'll be months and a lot of pain before I'm back to that level.  I was in pretty amazing shape,  but was under performing in meets in April and May.  Just really poor execution.  I should have logged more 56s last spring instead of the 58s.   

Once I start training on the track, it will be probably 3 weeks or so before I ramp up the volume to anything meaningful depending on how it goes.  I'm starting with low volume, then maybe try some longer foundation.  Want to be up to 3x a week soon as I can.

Stadium stairs on Thursday morning.  



No comments:

Post a Comment