Wednesday, March 7, 2018

split 400

Dark and cold today in Sewanee, a return to winter.  It was supposed to clear up and get up to 40º but it didn't do either.  36º, cloudy and breezy at the Sewanee track.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 50m striders 
'split 400' - 300m - 41.3 (27, 14.3) / 1 min rest / 100m - 15
Last year I did two of these split 400s and 5x100m hills a week before Daegu.  The 300m was straight turn straight and I felt pretty tight toward the end, which doesn't bode well for a 400m.  I did run this one about the same time as I did last year but I feel this was greater effort.

Of course I wanted to do more but need to save the feet, and not much time.  I play a concert tomorrow and will take the day off, have a rehearsal tonight with a violinist.  Friday I have shopping, cleaning, and guests arriving late afternoon so hoping to get a brief workout in early afternoon.  A lot of multi tasking and will be glad to get this festival underway and my concert over with.  I'll be hosting guests for 5 nights beginning Friday.  They leave Wednesday and I leave for Nationals the next day.  Training weather looks ok except for rain Sat. afternoon - Sunday morning, about 50º.  Beginning Friday, I have 6 days before I leave, I will likely train lightly: Fri, Sun, Tues, Wed.

143.2 lbs after workout.  Good to eat bread again.

No comments:

Post a Comment