Sunday, January 7, 2018

Short sprints, split 400

38º at Marist School today with a steady light breeze blowing down the back stretch.  Hazy sunshine against the concrete stadium wall created a warm spot for stretching and drills.  Did an extensive warmup today due to the cold weather, but was warm enough for shorts.  Because of the wind I ran in a long sleeve t and gloves.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 50m - ~7 
2 x 150m - 19, 19.5 
'split 400' - 300m - 45 / 1 min rest / 100m - 14.5
A low volume workout, due to the hard surface at Marist and the near full speed short sprints, hard on the feet.  The Mondo track at Marist is probably Mondo's cheapest surface, quite thin and hard in cold weather.  It reminds me of the hard dry heat damaged LSU track.  I think indoor Mondo tracks are much better due to the controlled temperature, they retain their elasticity.

I pushed everything fairly hard except the 300.  The 150s I tried to run at race pace or better, which made me feel I wouldn't be able to sustain that pace for 400m.

I'm eating well, but am not near a scale.  Hope to be race weight by Sat.


No comments:

Post a Comment