Thursday, January 11, 2018

300m event run

Nice day, upper 50ºs and a moderate to stiff wind blowing down the back stretch.  Third day in a row on the track so just keeping it light.  Brought out the blocks and spikes.

Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, roller, drills 
2 x 50m accelerations 
50m from blocks 
Puma spikes on 
50m acceleration 
2 x 40m from blocks 
300m event run - (turn-straight-turn) 40.8 (26.2, 14.6) 
Hoka trainers on 
stretches

Starting from blocks at the 400m start in lane 6, I fell a little short of my goal of 40 for the 300, but thanks to a tailwind, I hit the 200 at about pace in 26.  The headwind hit me halfway through the turn and my 3rd 100 was a slow 14.6ish.  Call it 41, ok for this time of year, but only about 57ish pace.

I don't know what it is about running in spikes, but it really irritates my left heel issue.  Very sore immediately afterward.  Frustrating because I really wanted to do more today, but the 300m used up any level of comfort I brought to the track.  This injury is very strange.  The 300m left me with significant heel pain, but a few hours latter, time in the hot tub and some massage, felt much better.

Will take the day off tomorrow save for some stretching.  Race Sat at Vandy.  Weather looks bad, ice.
144.5 after workout.



No comments:

Post a Comment