Tuesday, January 30, 2018

300s

Sunny, 26º at the Sewanee track bright and early this morning.  When the wind stopped, it felt warm enough for shorts, long T, and gloves.   Foot felt better today and I was able to complete a nominal workout.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 300m w/ 4 min rest - 43.5, 45 
300m - 45
The second 300m felt the hardest.  A real good pump for the glutes that I got last night with squats.  I rested a good long while (12 min) before I ran my last 300m and it felt much easier than the second.  Would have liked to do one more but my foot wouldn't permit it, and I'd like to come out tomorrow morning for one last track session before Millrose, so we'll see how it feels.

I'm inclined to not start an anti inflammatory steroid pack before Millrose if my foot is not getting worse, but save it for when I really need it when I ramp up training before Nationals and the first March outdoor meet.  May have to apply for a TUE.

1 comment: